Saturday, November 22, 2014
Some Interesting Home Remedies For Getting Rid Of Lice, Treating Burns, Reducing Inflammation and Relieving Headaches.
1. Lice - You can use mayonnaise to suffocate lice.
2. Another Lice prevention tip: put tea tree oil in your shampoo bottles.
3. Burn your tongue? Put some sugar on it.
4. Another great alternative treatment for burns is comfrey ointment.
5. Inflammation? Sweet potatoes and yams are high in beta-carotene a natural anti inflammatory.
at 6:00 AM
Friday, November 14, 2014
Some Fun Health Tips!
1) Dandruff - Mix 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup water and use it as a hair rinse.
2) Acne - Put a dab of tea tree oil on blemishes.
"The plant's antibacterial extracts disinfect skin and speed healing.", says James Balch, MD. Co-Author of Prescription For Nutritional Healing.
3) Brain Fog - Trouble concentrating? Take a 20 minute break by doing an easy aerobic activity, like walking, and you'll instantly gain your focus. "You turbo charge your brains supply of oxygen and nutrients", explains Pamela Peeke, MD author of Body For Life For Women, you can expect to boost your mental speed by 5% for more than two hours, says a study at the University of Maryland in Baltimore.
4) Colds - Enjoy a daily serving of citrus, like an orange or half a grapefruit; and you could cut your cold risk in half in just one month, according to the experts at the National Institutes of Health. "Credit goes to citrus, immunity-boosting vitamin C and beta-carotene," explains Ann G. Kulze, M.D., author of Dr, Anne's 10 Step Diet.
5) Tummy Ache - Sucking on a peppermint 15 minutes before meals can reduce bloating, and indigestion by almost 80%, report Taiwanese researchers.
Stay connected: Sign up for our newsletter and receive our free gift - 10 Tips For Parenting Consciously. Come on over and join us on Facebook!
Disclaimer: We are not physicians, always check with your doctor before trying new diet changes, supplements, etc.
at 1:05 PM
Monday, October 13, 2014
Tips for Enhancing the Educational Experience of Your Child
- Ask your child to identify three goals for the school year (Academic, Health, Financial).
- Sign up for a long term volunteer opportunity in their area of interest.
- Make sure your child’s learning happens outside of the school walls as well as inside (libraries, museums, clubs, etc.).
- If they have expressed interest in a particular career or field, provide them with exposure to the career or field as a reminder of the bigger picture and provide a mentor/support individual from the field. Sometimes this also serves as a “reality check” in terms of career requirements and commitment.
- Take advantage of free academically supportive websites such as Khan Academy, The College Board
Thursday, October 9, 2014
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
"Love is the face and body of the Universe. It is the connective tissue of the universe, the stuff of which we are made. Love is the experience of being whole and connected to Universal Divinity.
Thursday, August 21, 2014
We found this video so pleasing, especially since we reviewed Dr. Shefali's book The Conscious Parent in 2010 and hosted a live chat with her in March 2011. It's so magical to us that conscious parenting is finally taking center stage. Like we've said before we've raised our children this way starting 30 years ago. Since Dr. Shefali appeared with Oprah on Super Soul Sunday it is now getting the recognition that we feel is needed for our children, parents and society.
We resonate with the words Sabrina Brightstar talks about in this video. She's right, we are all responsible for the children. Our beliefs, thoughts, ability to love ourselves and evolve does have an impact on today's children. We hope all you parents will take a look at this video. It is time to change the world by changing how we parent.
Thursday, July 31, 2014
When we were approached by Dr. Mercola to write a review about his sunscreen we were delighted. We are avid followers of Dr. Mercola and we respect his work, especially his viewpoint on nutrition and health. If you've never heard of him we recommend looking him up!
"I believe that proper nutrition, not medicine, is the key to good health." ~ Dr. Mercola
Sunday, July 20, 2014
Interview With Author Annie Kagan - The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers: How My Bad-Boy Brother Proved To Me There's Life After Death
Recently we reviewed the book "The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers: How My Bad-Boy Brother Proved To Me There's Life After Death."
"A real life, inspiring, engaging, emotionally involved, deliberate, well-informed-highly intuitive book." ~ Stacy Toten and Carol Lawrence
The Afterlife of Billy Fingers will draw you in and keep you engaged until the very last word.
Sunday, July 13, 2014
Gather the crystal children together and they'll be unstoppable! Imagine what it will be like as they get older and become adults. They already are amazing. They are already healing the planet and teaching those around them how to do the same.
Take a look at Adam, an 8 year old boy who builds crystal grids. Not only does he build them but he explains how they clear negative energy. He even explains how it all works, how they communicate with him and more!
If your kids have an interest in stones, energy and feels a deep connection to Mother Earth, be sure to show them this video.
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Don't forget to take care of your energy bodies. They are just as important as your physical bodies. You can't have one without the other!
What are ways you take care of your child's energetic health?