In these busy times, we need to make sure to take time out for ourselves. When we are happy, we reflect our happiness outwards to all those around us helping to create a healthier happier world!
1) Before falling asleep each night, think about what you are thankful and grateful for that day. Visualize what you want your following day to look like. You would be amazed at how well this works for creating a calmer more balanced life.
2) Stay as positive as possible. Life has it’s ups and downs but how we handle each situation is important. Positive emotions reflect out to those around you, especially your children. They learn by watching you!
3) Get outside in nature as much as possible. Taking a walk along a river or creek, appreciating the sounds of the birds, savoring the smells of spring in the air. All these things help you feel more connected. If you live in a big city, visit a park or walk into a flower shop and smell all the flowers. Get the kids and your canine companions active with you.
4) Exercise Daily, a little bit goes along ways! Try walking, riding your bike, playing an outdoor sport. During the winter, walk around your local mall, or work out to an exercise video on Youtube. Anything to get moving. Exercise increases the happy endorphins in your brain helping to create a healthier happier you.
5) Take time to read, work on a craft and learn something new. Learning new things stimulates your brain.
6) Eat healthy snacks, shop local and organic as much as possible. Read labels to learn about what’s in your food.
7) Relax, take time to meditate or create a small space of time that is quiet and peaceful so you can recharge. Even five minutes can make a difference.
8) Having a rough day? There’s a reason the old saying goes, “Laughter is the best medicine” Laugh and smile, hold a smile for a minute and you will feel a physical change take place within your body. Laughing and smiling create happy endorphins!
9) Pamper yourself with a hot bubble or Epson salt bath for detoxifying. Don’t forget to have sex! Having sex creates a feeling of connectedness with your partner and also creates happy endorphins in your brain.
10) Take time to reflect on your life and how you feel. Are you completely content or are you somewhat unhappy? Do you feel something is missing? Work on releasing your inner creative spirit. Everyone has gifts and talents to share. Do you have a new idea for an invention or a book waiting to come out? Is there a craft you’ve always wanted to learn. Explore your inner self and see what happens. Carry around a notepad with you or leave one in your car and jot down ideas until your creative plan unfolds. Listen to CD’s, MP3’s or read books created by people who are teaching the tools you want to learn.
11) Keep the kiddos on a regular bedtime schedule, then you know every evening after the nightly routine of putting the kids to bed you have you time. Time to spend with yourself or your mate. Enjoy!
As we like to say ....
“Action is the essential tool to the realization of any dream”
Find out more information about this artist.
Carol Lawrence is the owner of Social Media Help 4 U, a virtual based business that supports authors and businesses based on integrity. She is also co-authors the blog Intentional Conscious Parenting and is an assistant editor for the family and parenting community at All Things Healing.