The winter is a time often filled with stuffy noses, persistent coughs, and more sick days than anyone really wants. However, if you want to avoid having you and your children get ill this year, below are seven tips that can help.
1. Teach Your Kids Proper Handwashing
Proper handwashing technique is key to keeping your kids healthy during the winter. To make sure that your kids are killing all of the germs they may pick up while they are out and about in the world, follow the following steps:
- Wet hands, turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather hands completely, including under fingernails.
- Scrub hands for at least 20 seconds -- tell your kids to sing Happy Birthday or a chorus or verse from their favorite song that is about 20 seconds long.
- Rinse hands under running water.
- Dry hands with a towel or allow them to air dry. (Change towels often)