A very important tool in life is learning about the power of our words.
Doreen and and her son Grant Virtue discovered while recording music, words with a spiritual, positive or loving basis had larger graphs. Negative words were completely different, their graphs were tight and small.
The impact you can have on your child's life by teaching them the simple tools of choosing their words wisely is priceless.
Here are a few ideas on teaching children about the importance of their words.
- Play word games, practice how different words make them feel
- Have them color or draw about how certain words make them feel.
- Write with an erasable marker positive words and expressions on their bedroom or bathroom mirrors. (This works with the weekly spelling words too) Have them read the words, affirmations or expressions while preparing for school or brushing their teeth in the morning and at night. Don't be surprised if they brush their teeth or comb their hair a little longer.
- Have your child repeat positive words about themselves while looking in the mirror. If they are uncomfortable with this do it with them.
- Be en example by what you say and do.
- Show them through books, video's, posters examples of the vibrational effects of words. (Dr. Emoto has a wonderful vivid poster of water crystals and the words that formed them)
Another thing that comes to mind is tucking a single word into their pocket, lunchbox, or pencilcase. Printed on scrapbook paper, or on a slip you are recycling with a simple doodle from mom or dad, the word "love" or "confidence" can mean so much.
Intentional Conscious Parenting Readers Rock!
"In the infant stages, the primary spiritual agenda revolves around oneness and togetherness. This is when the deepest bonding takes place. The child and parent infuse each other, rhythmically synchronizing their body and mind to the other." ~ Shefali Tsabary, PhD
* The Conscious Parent ~ transforming ourselves empowering our children.
By: Shefali Tsabary, PhD
Review and giveaway coming soon!