Some Interesting Home Remedies For Getting Rid Of Lice, Treating Burns, Reducing Inflammation and Relieving Headaches.
1. Lice - You can use mayonnaise to suffocate lice.
2. Another Lice prevention tip: put tea tree oil in your shampoo bottles.
3. Burn your tongue? Put some sugar on it.
4. Another great alternative treatment for external burns is comfrey salve. Learn how to make your own to keep your medicine cabinet stocked up every year.
5. Inflammation? Sweet potatoes and yams are high in beta-carotene a natural anti-inflammatory.
6. Cook with Turmeric. The spice Tumeric has been used for thousands of years as an anti-inflammatory. It's also great for numerous conditions.
7. Vitamin B6 - 50 mg only (one in A.M and 1 in P.M) can be used to calm down nerves.
8. Magnesium is really great for relieving leg cramps. Good to take in the evening before bed. You can also soak in a hot bath with Epsom salt to absorb magnesium quickly and balance the body's PH levels.
9. To relieve headaches, anxiety, and stress, dab some lavender oil on your wrists or temples.
10. For trauma pain use the homeopathic pellets Arnica Montana 30cc. 1 every 20 minutes, 3 times an hour. 8-9 times per day.
These are all things both our families have used throughout the years in our homes. We are strong practitioners and believers in using alternative remedies.
Stay connected: Sign up for our newsletter and receive our free gift: 10 Tips For Parenting Consciously and join us on Facebook!
Disclaimer: We are not doctors. We are just sharing tried and true tips that have worked for our families. Please consult your physician before adding supplements or making dietary changes.