Tips for Enhancing the Educational Experience of Your Child
- Ask your child to identify three goals for the school year (Academic, Health, Financial).
- Sign up for a long term volunteer opportunity in their area of interest.
- Make sure your child’s learning happens outside of the school walls as well as inside (libraries, museums, clubs, etc.).
- If they have expressed interest in a particular career or field, provide them with exposure to the career or field as a reminder of the bigger picture and provide a mentor/support individual from the field. Sometimes this also serves as a “reality check” in terms of career requirements and commitment.
- Take advantage of free academically supportive websites such as Khan Academy, The College Board